Monday, August 25, 2008

Summer is wrapping up

It's fair time and you know that means that the end of summer is near. I'm very much looking forward to fall weather!
Wil and I went to the fair last night to see Buddy Guy/Johnny Lang at the Grandstand. Alex got a sleepover with grandma and papa. We went late, quickly stuffed ourselves with some fair food and then met up with Uncle Bob, Rico, Angela, Samantha, Jason, and Dave for the show. Big Head Todd and the Monsters opened and they were good. I like their music. Buddy Guy was awesome! He put on a good show and was a lot of fun. Johnny Lang was okay. He didn't play any of his old stuff (that I really liked) and just went on too long. I really think he only played like 4 songs, just super extended versions that went on forever. It was a great night though and we had a good time!
Wil, Alex, Clifford and I went for a Jeep drive on Saturday. We intended to do some geocaching but didn't have much luck. But, it was a great drive anyway and an all around great weekend!

1 comment:

LoraLoo said...

That's too bad Johnny Lang wasn't all that fabulous - I prefer his old stuff too.

I can't believe it's already the end of August! Fall is my favorite season, but I'm soooo not looking forward to winter (and we don't even get snow, LOL).