Sunday, May 25, 2008

Progress! Potty training bootcamp Day2!

We got somewhere today! The day started out rough-multiple attempts at sitting on the potty only to have Alex go afterwards on the floor. I tried just underwear and then bare-bottomed throughout the day as I didn't know which would work best. Turns out that having nothing on worked best. He liked wearing the "Cars" underwear he picked out, but he just doesn't seem to get that he has to take them off first before going. After multiple attempts today, it seems like it's finally clicking. He ended up going on the potty 4 times today (well, actually 3.5). Twice tonight he just walked in there and went all by himself! So, he was very happy to get 4 new stickers and a special treat of popcorn and juice.
The funniest part of the day? We were watching a movie and he was bare-bottomed. I looked over at him and he was grabbing his bottom and trying to twist around to look at it. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "I'm trying to look at these big things!"
We didn't do much else today as our main focus was to get him going on this. I did some cleaning and we played games/puzzles. We're going to try and find a couple of geocaches in the area tomorrow, but mostly spend more time practicing the potty.
It's been a couple of intense days, so I'm happy to finally sit around and relax and catch up on some "Ghosthunters" episodes!

1 comment:

LoraLoo said...

Alissa, hey there!! Glad you sent me a link, nice to be able to see how you guys are doing too.

Gotta love the potty training, huh? Yeah, it's good times. LOL